Sharing a story of an obviously passive aggressive woman leading a secret life. Please comment, share and link to your own posts in the comments section. I want to hear your tales as well and share them here on the blog if you would like. Email any posts you wish to be anonymous for my consideration to theenablerstale@gmail.com.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Who is the Addict Here?

If you read the first post I want to thank you because number one, it's kind of long and number two, it's kind of long.  I wrote it one day when I was desperate, sad, sick and just wanting to tell someone about the totality of my relationship, the truth of what went on in my life instead of the smiling photos, the jokes and the constant reminders of how wonderful my life is supposed to be. I'm sure if I get any feedback from this blog it will be a lot people telling me what any normal, right minded, sensible woman should do, leave immediately, make him leave immediately. A lot of you will tell me to leave for my children, for my sanity, for his sake because I'm obviously enabling him.

Al-Anon says I need to move away to show him I'm serious and that he needs to be serious about sobriety. But I'll tell you one very important thing and I will say it over and over again...I don't want him to go away, I don't want to spend one second away from him, I don't want to be without him.

A member of Alcoholic's Anonymous would tell me that he won't be alive for long if I continue to enable him. But I can't help but wonder, who is the addict here?


No comments:

Post a Comment